I finally found an antique Empire Dresser to paint! I had the vision immediately when I saw it so I knew JUST what I wanted to do!
Toni filled the chipped veneer and sanded the top down to bare wood. I then (ok, this sounds insane) took a hammer and beat the top. I didn't like the perfectly smooth top with that worn detail you see right above the top drawer. I wanted this to look really used. I chiseled some of the edges off and beat down the edge of the entire top with a mallet. It was SO loud in the workshop the whole family came to see what I was doing. They were shocked!!! LOL But I know what I want. I love the freedom to do whatever comes to mind when I'm painting for myself!
I stained the top in our One-Step Stain in Black Coffee and set to painting the rest. I chose Gable because I love this neutral greige and I had planned on painting this color from the moment we met. I had also planned to keep this dresser for Viktor, but it just doesn't fit in the space we have. I'm super bummed....
I chose different knobs than I had planned, I originally wanted the elephant knobs from Anthropologie, but instead went for these big glass knobs I found there. Since I wont be putting this in Viktor's room! I love the way this piece chipped perfectly, it's going to be hard to let it go!
I'm so obsessed with this piece I'm just trying to find a place for it! Wish me luck!